Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend fun

This past weekend was a much needed break from house, jewelry, gardening - you know, those things that you like to do (for the most part anyway!) but can sometimes just really start tiring you out.

My husband and I decided to go into Boston on Saturday and spend the day since we were going to a Pat Benatar concert that night on the waterfront. Yes, I am a child of the eighties and still love that music - and I love going to concerts so this was a great time for me! Of course, I forgot my camera so I don't have pics for you (I know, I know - shame on me!) but I'll do my best to give you some fun links to check out.

We started out in Faneuil Hall, also known as Quincy Market. I love wandering around this area since there is SO much to see. The weather was a bit breezy but gorgeous and street musicians and vendors were out in full force. There was a blues group that was fabulous and an acoustic guitar player that I could have listened to all day. We strolled around the marketplace and grabbed a snack (silly, I know, but I love the corn dogs there!) before deciding our next step.

Although we have walked the Freedom Trail in Boston before, we had never taken one of the trolley tours. Trolley tours are loads of fun and (for me at least) a bit more informative since the drivers give out a bit of history on the drive. Rich and I settled into one of the back seats and relaxed while our driver discussed some of the various historical sites of Boston (Boston Commons, the Granary Burial Ground, the USS Constitution, and lots more).

After our strenuous trolley tour, we decided to have a nice dinner in the waterfront area. One of my past favorite places to eat has always been Anthony's, but we decided to be daring and try out a new place and opted to go to the Chart House restaurant instead. I hesitate to say it but ... I think I've found a new favorite. The seafood was to die for (there were at least 4 different items I really wanted to try!) and Rich, who wouldn't touch seafood if it was the last item to eat on the planet, chose to check out their prime rib. Now, keep in mind that generally when a restaurant has great seafood, the non-seafood offerings generally lack flavor (to put it mildly!). Rich's prime rib was so yummy that I would actually consider it the next time we visit and my Dynamite Halibut was just that - absolutely dynamite. Definitely on our list for our next visit to the city!

To round out our day off, we hit the Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo concert at the Bank of America Pavilion. Lennon opened for them. Generally, she's a metal artist but did some terrific songs with just a keyboard and her voice. I wound up buying her acoustical CD because of her opening act. And then of course, Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo took the stage. Absolutely fabulous concert! Pat's voice is as strong as ever and Neil's guitar rips are enthralling and a big part of each of the songs.

Great time, great day - nice to get away for some time together and recharge the batteries.

2 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Hey! I used to work in an ice cream parlor when I was in my early 20's and I actually waited on Pat Benetar and her boyfriend when she was in town for a concert! They had sundaes, and left me a tip that was larger than the bill, lol.
Smiles, Karen

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

"We belong...we belong together!" I absolutely love Pat Benatar as does my husband. I think he still has all of her albums.

What a great idea to spend the day in Boston and then go to the concert. Did you stay the night in Boston? I love site seeing...Sounds like a great day! Good for the both of you!

Angie