Monday, December 17, 2007

I haven't gone away - honest!

The month of December has been a bit challenging for me and I hope all of my regular blog visitors will forgive me for not posting often.

To offer a quick rundown - my husband was in the ER with kidney stone pain and then had surgery a day later (still recovering - nasty - I won't go into details on this). This is his third surgery for kidney stones in the past few years. He's doing OK but is really uncomfortable and cannot exercise heavily or lift over five pounds.

Last week my beloved collie, who has seizures, had a cluster seizure - basically seizing every six hours. Ran her to the vet, who then recommended we take her to Boston to get the seizures under control. After much worry, stress, an evening in the Critical Care Unit and a neurological consult, she is home again and seems to be doing well (although with her legs shaved she looks like a poodle!)

On top of all of this, we are getting slammed with snow in the Northeast (and I know this is also happening in other parts of the country). I've had several nights that I've gone home and spent a couple of hours just clearing our driveway. The piles of snow are now waist high (or higher) and I'm not really sure where I'll pile it if more comes our way. The good news: there WILL be a white Christmas!

My little Etsy shop has taken somewhat of a back seat during this time. However, please know that I will be back blogging and visiting your blogs as soon as things at home calm down a bit.

I wish you all a wonderful holiday season with your families and friends!

7 comments:

Debra said...

So sorry to hear about your husband..I wish him a fast recovery!

Hope your Collie is doing good too.

And PLEASE send some snow our way...my daughter is so upset, she wants snow so bad!!! LOL

Hope you and your family have a great holiday!!

Debra

Kirsten said...

This mean you have to do all of the snow shoveling yourself! My husband had different kidney issues over the past few years and the same thing would happen with us.

I hope your husband and your collie are recovering well. Let's hope for a little less snow too.

Brenda said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon! Be careful with your snow shoveling. I'll be thinking about you. :)

Rain's End said...

I hope your husband has a quick recovery. It's a difficult time of year to deal with health issues. I'm glad to hear your dog is doing well. That must have been a traumatic experience. I know how you feel about the snow. I'm not used to dealing with this before the holidays and just clearing the driveway and dealing with ice on the roof is taking a lot of energy and time. This must be difficult for you to do this alone while your husband recovers.

I hope you have a nice holiday despite of all the stress you've had preceding it! Enjoy the white Christmas!

Feltland said...

What a month Bonny !!!
Hope your husband is much better now. Just stopped to wish you a lovely Christmas - hope you can rest a lot and enjoy this time of the year with all your loved ones ... :D

marsha said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your collie! i'm glad she's on the medn now and hope she'll be fully recovered soon. :)

my family and i would like to wish you and yours a very blessed and merry christmas!

Unknown said...

Popped by because of Mrs. Kwitty... I'm sorry to hear about your December challenges. I do hope that everyone is doing better. I was thinking our December was challenging with having to replace 2 tires and fix a broken down dryer. Yikes! I will say some prayers for you.

KJ
California