Thursday, September 27, 2007

Family Birthstone Necklace

I love making personalized gifts and this was tons of fun to create. The inspiration came from my mom (of course!), who mentioned that she would like to find a mother's necklace that was a bit different but could still be worn with lots of different outfits. Nothing toooo fancy - but classic.

So, I came up with this - a sterling silver and Swarovski birthstone crystals family necklace:




I have to admit, I'm pretty pleased with the results. Obviously, it can be customized for any mom or grandmother and I love the colors and simplicity of the pendant. The sample necklace is to be my mother's Christmas gift (good thing she doesn't know about my blog!) and shows my parent's birthstone (they were both born in November), my older brother's is August (peridot), I was born in July (ruby red) and my younger brother was born in May (emerald green). Fingers crossed that this is what she was hoping to find!

3 comments:

Feltland said...

I'm sure she'll love the necklace - it's so beautiful !!! What a sweet Christmas gift you're going to give her ... :D

marsha said...

It's special and unique! I'm sure she'll love it!

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

You have such wonderful things. I LOOOOVVVEE this birthstone necklace. Once my Bb is born, I am definitely interested in one for myself! :)