Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Time flies!

Have you ever noticed that life gets reallllly crazy all at once? I've been planning a trip to northeastern Maine to visit my family over the Labor Day holiday for awhile. Rich opted to stay home with the dog since his mom had back surgery on the Wednesday before I left and we didn't want to be too far away should she need any assistance.

So, I drove my six hours to get home and I must admit, it was great seeing everyone. Friday was spent with my maternal grandparents and running some errands. I definitely count myself very lucky to still have grandparents to visit! Saturday was great fun - a family friend (I used to babysit his daughter, who now has kids of her own - I feel so old!) took me to some lakes that I haven't seen in ages in his four wheeler (not an ATV - this is like a mini jeep - not sure what they are actually called) and I got to snap some pics.

This is a view of Rand Lake:


Merrill, my chauffeur for the afternoon, with his constant companion Daisy:


Western Lake, where we used to ice skate and go ice fishing as kids:


A view from the top of Trimble Mountain (that's Canada on the far side of the St. Croix River):

A fire pit is a necessity for hot dogs and roasting marshmallows!

And this is the view from my house - again, that's Canada on the far side of the river:


I also got a chance to spend some time with my mom, friends, and my brother. The day before I returned home, I spent some time picking fresh Maine blueberries for everyone in NH. I refuse to rake and pick the berries over afterward - I'd much rather just pick a spot, sit down (make sure you are wearing old jeans!) and pull clean berries from the vine. Imagine these in fields as far as the eye can see!


With my visit behind me, I now have to focus on my upcoming craft show in two weeks. Yikes! Time sure does fly!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

marsha said...

welcome back!!! wow!!! blueberry picking .... yummmmy!!! thanks for sharing these special pics!

Sugarloaf said...

Wonderful place! great pictures.

LazyTcrochet said...

Beautiful pictures! We used to pick blueberries in North Central PA mountains, but we had to watch out for rattlesnakes!

Debra said...

WOW...Look at all those blueberries! They look so tasty!
Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures.
The lake is beautiful!!
Take care,
Debra